Skip to Content

Contact us

On this Page

Office location and contact details

For consumers 

For all new enquiries use our consumer enquiry form:

Consumer enquiry form

If you are unable to use the web form you can also contact us via:

Phone: 03 9679 8001

For lawyers (including LSB Online support)

Use our lawyer enquiry form:

Lawyer enquiry form

For external examiners

Use our external examiner enquiry form:

External examiner enquiry form

Office hours

Our office hours are from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. 

We are closed on Victorian public holidays.

Before you arrive 

We encourage visitors to book an appointment first, as this helps to make sure the right person is available on the day. Call or email us to arrange an appointment.



Reception: 03 9679 8001
Local call cost: 1300 796 344
Fax: 03 9679 8101


Street: Level 5, 555 Bourke Street Melbourne 3000
Post: GPO Box 492 Melbourne 3001

Interpreting service

A free interpreting service is available to assist you with communicating with our office. To access this service, call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450. Please note that our office is open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday excluding public holidays.

National Relay Service

If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can phone us through the National Relay Service. Visit their website at

Contact one of our teams directly

Please note: We do not provide details on lawyers for reference checks but you can check our public register of lawyers that lists all lawyers with a current Victorian practising certificate.

Grants Program


Early Detection and Prevention 


Data insights


Policy and Consultations

Email: policy&

Media enquiries


Privacy enquiries


Freedom of Information requests


Courts and Tribunals

If you are a Court or Tribunal writing to this Office regarding a matter please forward your communication to the following email address:

Fidelity Fund enquiries

For information regarding the Fidelity Fund, please see our Trust money compensation from the Fidelity Fund webpage

For further information please email

Notification of deceased or incapacitated sole principal practitioner/legal director


You should notify us as soon as you become aware that a principal practitioner of a sole law practice, or sole legal director of an incorporated legal practice, has passed away or has become incapacitated so that we can ensure the affairs of the relevant law practice are properly attended to. Please email and address your communication to the Lawyer for External Interventions.

Requests for legal records (including wills, deeds and certificates of title)

If you are looking for a safe custody document held by a law practice that no longer exists, we may be able to help you find it. This includes wills, deeds, files, powers of attorney and certificates of title.

Complete our safe custody document form and we'll search our records and help you find the document or provide information we hold on where it’s located. If we can, we will supply you with the name of the law firm that may have the documents. Alternatively, you can email with your request.

Last updated on
* Indicates required field
Back to top